- Studying and evaluating proposed legislation that may affect city clerks, finance officers or municipalities
- Identifying and developing legislative positions on issues of concern to city clerks, finance officers or municipalities
- Monitoring legislative proposals on behalf of city clerks and finance officers
- Effectively lobbying on behalf of city clerks and finance officers including appearing before legislative bodies in support of or in opposition to proposed or pending legislation
- Working closely with the Missouri Municipal League in conjunction with the MoCCFOA representatives to the MML Board
Information on current legislative activity can be found here: MML Legislative Activity Updates
- Create, and keep current, a notebook or electronic file with information on objectives of the Committee, timelines, the duties of Chairman and Committee responsibilities to be passed to the incoming Chair.
- Complete participation from all Committee members. Members not participating will not receive a certificate of participation.
- Each Division and Committee will have a page on the web site that shall be kept current.
- More involvement and tracking of legislation.
- Educate members on legislation affecting city clerks and their municipalities.
- More communications to membership on legislative activities.
- Effectively communicate on behalf of the organization when necessary.
|Janet Burlingame, Chairman||Peculiar||(816)email@example.com|
|Nici Wilson||Pleasant Hill||(816)firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Angela McCormick||Crystal Lake||(314)email@example.com|